Shapes Storytime

Books:


Toddler Time:

It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Shaw (Big Book)


Color Zoo by Elhert




Pre-School Storytime:

It Looked Like Spilt Milk
Not a Box by Portis




Perfect Square by Hall

FlannelBoard

Song: “I Can See Shapes” (Tune: London Bridge)

I can see a circle shape, circle shape, circle shape
I can see a circle shape, how about you?
(Little square, triangle, rectangle, diamond)

Thanks to Katie at StorytimeKatie!

Action Songs:
Shape Hokey Pokey
Put your circle in, put your circle out
Put your circle in, and shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about!
(Rectangle, circle, square)

I made enough of these to pass out to everyone.

Using the same shapes we sang this song:

Shapes (to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle)

Put your Pink shape in the air
Hold it high and leave it there.
Put your Pink shape on your back
Now please lay it in your lap.
Hold your red shape in your hand
Now everyone please stand.
Wave your Pink shape at the door
Now please lay it on the floor.
Hold your Pink shape and jump, jump, jump.
Hold your Pink shape way, way up!
(Yellow, purple, green.)

Both action songs from Lesson Plans Page


Craft:
I cut out a bunch of shapes, different sizes and colors and gave everyone a piece of construction paper, crayons, glue, scissors, and foam stickers.  I wanted them to use their imagination to create a masterpiece.
Mine - I made a house and a tree.  I tell ya, my creativity was flowing. :)



Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts