Shapes - Baby Storytime

I looked at the Shapes Storytime that I used for the toddlers and preschoolers and adjusted it for the babies.

Books:
Little Critter Shapes by Mercer Mayer

It looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles Shaw


Go! Go! BoBo Shapes by Simon Basher


Flannelboard Songs:

Song: “I Can See Shapes” (Tune: London Bridge)

I can see a circle shape, circle shape, circle shape
I can see a circle shape, how about you?
(Little square, triangle, rectangle, diamond)


Thanks again to Storytime Katie for this idea!

A-Hunting We Will Go.
We continued doing "A-Hunting We Will Go."  I got the idea from Mel at Mel's Desk.
This week we did fish/dish, mouse/house, sheep/jeep, and cat/hat.  I print off clip art pictures and laminate them and stick velcro on the back.  All the moms/cargivers bounce the babies on their laps while we sing.

Songs:
 Twinkle Twinkle
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Wheels on the Bus

I also passed out egg shakers to the babies.  We used those for Laurie Berkner's Shorten' Bread.  (It is on her Under a Shady Tree album.)

Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts