Birthdays Storytime - (Babies)

Baby storytime has been a bit rough on me. At the beginning of December, I had one storytime that I just lost control of, or at least that was how I felt.  The moms were talking so much that time and things just felt as if they were spirling out of control. So this time I turned to Mel at Mel's Desk for some help.  She has amazing resources for storytimes, especially Baby Storytimes.  I leaned heavily on her Birthday Storytime for ideas for mine.  I knew that if I had a well thought out storytime I could consentrate more on keeping the mom's in line.

Books:
Hi Blueberry! by Barney Saltzberg

The Birthday Box by Leslie Patricelli


Flannelboard:

Ten Little Candles
Ten little candles on a birthday cake
Puff! Puff! (Blow out those candles!)
Now there are eight.
Eight little birthday candlesticks
Puff! Puff!
Now there are six.
Six little candles and not one more
Puff! Puff!
Now there are four.
Four little candles, white and blue
Puff! Puff!
Now there are two.
Two little candles, we’re almost done
Puff! Puff!
Now there are none.


Down Around the Corner
Down around the corner at the bakery shop
Were five little cupcakes with candles on top
Along came someone with a nickel to pay
And they bought a cupcake and they took it away
Down around the corner at the bakery shop
Were four little cupcakes…

Songs:
Open Shut Them
Pat-a-Cake
The More We Get Together

I really like how Mel and Mel's Desk uses A-Hunting We Will Go.  I tried that this time and it went really well and I plan on incorporating it at every Baby Storytime.  I used the same rhymes Mel used: snake/cake, fish/dish, whale/pail, and cat/hat.

I am so very thankful for the resources that Mel shares with her readers.  If you haven't checked out her blog, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

  1. I love Leslie Patricelli's books. That little cartoon baby is SO CUTE! My personal favorites are Yummy, Yucky and Baby Happy, Baby Sad. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts