Gingerbread House Storytime

Last Saturday I had a Gingerbread House storytime.  The main attraction was getting to decorate Gingerbread Houses that we have displayed in the library.  I didn't have high expectations on turnout! This was only our 2nd Saturday storytime and sometimes things take a while to catch on. 

I was pleasantly surprised with our turnout!  Apparently decorating Gingerbread is a huge draw!

I had planned on using flannelboards and even a few songs but in the end, the crowd was much older than I had anticipated. So I just stuck with a few books, after all, clearly the main draw was the houses!

I was super excited to share my all-time favorite Gingerbread book which is:
The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristin Kladstrup


I also shared a variation of The Gingerbread Man and a Maisy book.  Because who doesn't love Maisy?
The Gingerbread Cowboy by Janet Squires


Maisy Makes Gingerbread by Lucy Cousins


And then the main event.....

(this is what they started with)






Love the side walk and greenery.


This house has a wreath!


A good time was had by all!  And my Children's section is a little more festive thanks to these lovely houses.




Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts