Baby Storytime - Winter/Christmas/Snow

I was very intimated for baby storytime this morning. Last time the group was just so out of control and incredibly demanding.  I felt that I had lost control before I had started.  I had worked out a spiel I was going to use today to try to convey to the adults how important it is for them to stay focused (after all, storytime is a total of 15 minutes!) so they babies will follow their example.  I needed this to say this without sounding demeaning or calling anyone out.  Needless to say, I was incredibly nervous and my confidence had been hit hard by the last group.

Thankfully I had a much smaller group today who were attentive.  It was a huge confidence builder for me and I think that the next time I do have such a large and out of control group I will have the tools to handle it better.

Also, I must give credit to Mel from Mel's Desk.  I leaned heavily on her Baby Winter Storytime.  I needed something that someone had already used and was successful. :)

Books:
Duck and Goose, It's Time for Christmas by Tad Hills

Under My Hood, I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin

Songs:
Dance Like Snowflakes
Dance like snowflakes, (to the tune of Are You Sleeping?)

Dance like snowflakes,
In the air, in the air,
Swirling, whirling snowflakes,
Swirling, whirling snowflakes,
Everywhere, everywhere.
*I passed out egg shakers for this song

Boots, Jacket, Scarf, and Hat (to the tune of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

Boots and jacket, scarf and hat, scarf and hat,
Boots and jacket, scarf and hat, scarf and hat,
In wintertime we dress like that,
Boots and jacket, scarf and hat, scarf and hat

*I used laminated clipart for the flannelboard for this song.
Both songs are from Mel's Desk Baby Winter Storytime.

Flannelboard (found at Nikarella's Narrating Tales of Preschool Storytime

5 Little Snowmen
Five little snowmen standing in a row;

Each has a hat and a big red bow.
Out came the sun and it shone all day,
And one little snowman melted away.
Four little snowmen…
One little snowman standing all alone, with one red hat and one red bow, out came the sun and it stayed all day, no more little snowmen, they all melted away!








Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts