Seth Baumgartner's Love Manifesto - Review

As soon as I finished this Playaway I immediately got online to see if there was another book in Seth’s story. So.So.Good. I honestly loved everything about this book. The characters, the plot, the flow of the story. Seriously – all of it. I just love a good YA Realistic Fiction and if the main character has a sense of humor- Even better!

Seth is on summer vacation and just got dumped by his girlfriend, on her lunch break, at Applebee’s. While this is happening, Seth’s father walks in with a woman who is not his mother and they clearly are on a date. From this point on, Seth is not only trying to sort out his feelings for his ex, but also his feelings toward his dad and his dad’s apparent infidelity. Seth starts podcasting in order to process all of his thoughts and feelings. In the audio version, you get to hear parts of the podcast which I thoroughly enjoyed! The narrator changed his voice to his “radio voice” which was fantastic! (Seriously, this book is a must for the audio!)

Another large chunk of the story revolved around golf. I am not a golf fan, but I am a fan of Seth’s and I have to say that I actually enjoyed hearing about golf and even learning about the game. I think it added a lot to the story, especially since Seth was playing in a tournament with his father. Seth really struggled to keep his thoughts and feelings to himself when he was practicing with his dad.

Seth Baumgartner’s Love Manifesto was a hilarious read but also sweet and tender at the same time. It was a great read (or listen)!

Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts