Owls Storytime

Owls

Books: (Toddlers)
A Book of Sleep by Il Sung Na



Little Lost Owl by Chris Haughton



Books:(Preschool - plus the two titles above)
I'm Not Scared by Jonathan Allen



Over in the Meadow by Olive A. Wadsworth


Fingerplays:
There's a wide-eyed owl (From Librarian Lisa)
There's a wide-eyed owl (circle your eyes with your hands)
With a pointed nose (make a beak with your fingers)
Two pointed ears (make ears with your fingers)
And claws for toes (wiggle your "claws")
He lives way up (point way up)
In the tree (way, way up)
And when he looks at you (point to children)
He flaps his wings (flap your wings)
And says, "Whoo! Whoo!" (keep flappin' till the owls come home)

Flannelboards/Songs:
Five Hoot Owls
Five hoot owls sitting in a tree

One flew away! How many do you see?
One, two, three, four.

Four hoot owls sitting in a tree
One flew away! How many do you see?
One, two, three.

Three hoot owls… etc.

I used the templete from Leah's Awesome Storytime blog.
Her's look much cuter than mine.  I was just pretty excited the kids recognized them as owls. :)


Owl in the Tree (sung to "Skip to my Lou")
Owl in the tree goes, “Hoo, hoo hoo,”

Owl in the tree goes, “Hoo, hoo hoo,”
Owl in the tree goes, “Hoo, hoo hoo,”
Skip to my lou, my darling.

Robin in the nest goes, “Tweet, tweet, tweet…”
Duck in the pond goes, “Quack, quack, quack…”
Rooster in the yard goes, “Cock a doodle doo…”

Both of these can be found at Mel's Desk.  Mel also has a clip art file to go with the Owl in the Tree song.  The pictures are so cute!  Make sure to look at all of her amazing resources on her blog!
Craft:
Love me some Oriental Trading!  Today's craft was their Owl Ornament.


My only complaint is that the eyes were supposed to be sticky as well and yet they were not.  So glue was used instead.

Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

  1. I love A Book of Sleep. I got a copy of the board book at work, and have it sitting out just because the artwork is so beautiful.

    The owls you made are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book as well. I agree about the artwork. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts