Monkeys Storytime

Family Storytime:
I always open with Open Shut Them and close with The More We Get Together

Books:
Sock-Monkey Boogie- Woogie by Cece Bell


There Was an Old Monkey Who Swallowed a Frog  by Jennifer Ward


Flannelboard Storytelling:
I used THE BOBTAIL MONKEY, A TALE FROM JAPAN by Dianne de Las Casas.  I subscribe to her Storytime Connection newsletter and this story was in May's newsletter.  In the story, the monkey trades a razor (which I turned into scissors), wood, cookies, and a gong.  I printed all of those out in order to have something on the flannelboard.  This story also requries the audience to participate.  It was my first storytelling and I think it went quite well.  I'd like to incorporate more in the future.

Songs:
 5 Little Monkeys Swinning in a Tree
5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. (I am always out of breath by the end of this one!  So.Much.Jumping! :)

Action Rhyme:
Monkey See, Monkey Do,
Little Monkey in the Zoo.
Monkey Monkey in the Tree
Can You Jump Around Like Me?
(swing tail, clap you hands, nod your head...)

Craft:

Also taken from Dianne de Las Casas.  Only this time it was on her blog Storytime Connection.  Instead of cutting out all of the circles that Dianne has for her craft, I used google eyes.  Who does love those?!  The kids did add a craft stick to theirs, although we did not write I Love You on it.  With a large crowd, you sometimes have to limit the activity.

Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts