Camping Storytime

This is the last storytime that we are doing crafts with until September.  I chose this theme because of all cute ideas I found on So Tomorrow's Pintrest Page. I had to make one of those so camping became the theme. Thanks Anne for the inspiration!

Toddler Books:
Maisy Goes Camping by Lucy Cousins

Duck Tents by Lynne Berry and illustrated by Hiroe Nakata

Camping in Green by Christianne C. Jones and illustrated by Todd Ouren


Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury

Pre-School Books






Action Songs:
Going on a Bear Hunt with book.  Everyone chanted along and slapped their knees through that whole crazy long book.  Good job parents! :)

Campfire Hokey Pokey
Mollie over at What Happens in Storytime shared this on Flannel Friday.
Thanks Mollie for sharing! Here is my attempt!

Campfire Hokey Pokey
You put your marshmallow in.
You put your marshmallow out.
You put your marshmallow in and you shake it all about!
You do the campfire pokey and you turn yourself around!
That's what it is all about!
(repeat using apple, hot dog, and popcorn)

Fingerplay
My coworker let me borrow her rhyme on fireflies along with the fireflies for the Flannelboard

Five little fireflies
One little firefly shines very bright
Two little fireflies show their lights
Three little fireflies glimmer and glow
Four little fireflies watch them go!
Five little fireflies fly in the night
Blink! Blink! Blink! Blink!
(open and close fingers)
My! What a sight!

Craft
As I said, I was inspired by Anne from So Tomorrow for my craft.  Here is what I came up with!

The crafts I took inspiration from can be found here at Fumbling through Parenthood and Mega Story Time.
Follow reederchik on Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts